Sunday, June 3, 2012

Writing Update

I had a blog topic and it was a good one. Thought it up in the shower. Which means, of course, I forgot it while rinsing my hair. Maybe I rinsed some braincells away too. Kidding! Anyways, since I'm struggling for a blog topic, I figured I'd give an update on my writing.

First up, the Turkish foreign rights contract. I received three copies of the contract with the publishers signatures a few weeks ago. I signed them and sent two back. Third is for my records. The other day, I got an email saying the agency that I'm dealing with for the rights got the contracts and handed them to the publisher. Next I give them my book right? Nope, now they pay me. Part of the contract said I would be paid within fifteen days of the signatures. I was assured I would receive payment by June 15th. Only then do I give them the file for my book. That's part of the contract too. I need to ask how long until I get my copies of the translated version of Being Human (contract also said the book had to be translated and published no later than 18 months.)

Second bit of news. Still working on Snapshots edits. This weekend I didn't get much done. My cousin got married so that took up my weekend. It was in Grand Rapids. Seven hour drive one way! Woo! x_x The wedding was fun though. Darth Vader showed up because my cousin met her husband on a blind date to see Episode One. I figure I should get through Lor's edits by tomorrow.

Lastly, I've been thinking a lot about Elijah, Hadrian's dad. I finished Hadrian's story (it needs a title) and all along I knew I wanted to write a little short from Elijah's POV. It would be a prequel to Hadrian, but if I decide to do something with Hadrian, it will come after. The idea is you learn Hadrian's story and then learn about his father before and some of the events leading up.

That's all for now. I'm chugging along, hoping to get Snapshots released by mid to late July and move onto the next story. Being Vampire will be soon... hopefully. I need to reread it and make sure I still like it. Then there's Out of Secrets that needs some tweaking. Puck's story too. Lots of stories. I just need to figure out which one to focus on. Does anyone have a slave they can lend me?

8 comments:

  1. No slaves, but I totally recommend aquanotes for the shower! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that bookmarked at one point and thought about getting it.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the Turkish contract!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the contract!

    Seeing that picture of the Storm Trooper reminds me of a pic I saw a couple of days ago of one of them coming out of a deconsecrated church in my home town...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome from another Insecure Writer and a fellow Michigander. Glad to see I'm not the only one who dreams up ideas for blog posts then forgets them before I write them down. Don't you just hate that?

    Oh, and congratulations too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Origina Replica Breitling claimed the bubble as a potential source of weakness that they were finally able to overcome with technology. Well, heading back to the late 1960’s and the high-end?,Rolex Submarine the brand took a page from the contemporary Detroit era of cars – as in, there’s no cure for cubic inches. In 1:1 Replica Rolex Watches case, though,He sent lots of pictures along the way to show the innards of the?Omega Watches , including the Hermes handbags correctly signed inside case back.

    ReplyDelete